WHAT ARE COOKIES?
WHAT COOKIES ARE USED ON THIS WEBSITE?
The cookies that we use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
1. Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
2. Analytics – We use analytics cookies to help us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, for instance, we would count you as three separate users if you visited the site three different times, making it difficult to analyze how well our website is performing or improve it without these cookies in place.
3. User Cookies – We use these cookies to improve your experience by remembering your preferences so we know how you like to use our website. Examples of this would be remembering you so that you are served with the same content or to remember you when you come back to the site.
4. Social Sharing – We use third-party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products and/or services. Please see the “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
5. Interest-based Advertising – You will have noticed that when you visit websites, you are shown adverts for products and services you may wish to purchase. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee. To try to ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you, third-party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you. For example, websites you visit and the geography you are based in may play a factor in the adverts you see. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown, but simply makes them more relevant to you. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
HOW CAN I REJECT OR OPT-OUT OF RECEIVING COOKIES?
If you do not wish cookies to be stored on your machine, you can do the following:
- Delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies from being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser, please use the “Help” function within your browser or alternatively visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or
- Please note that we can’t always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website and, when this is the case, you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies Are Used On This Website” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our website. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, such as analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
THIRD PARTY: GOOGLE
Analytics – Google provides anonymized data about the visits made to our website
Social Sharing – Google stores cookies that allow the “Google+” social sharing functionality
Interest-based Advertising – Google tools may also collect data for the purpose of Interest-based Advertising
For more information and how to opt-out, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy
THIRD PARTY: FACEBOOK
Social Sharing – Facebook stores cookies that allow the Facebook “Like” social sharing functionality, but only if you click on the Facebook “Like” button on our website or log in using your Facebook account.
For more information and how to opt-out, visit http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
THIRD PARTY: TWITTER
Social Sharing – Twitter stores cookies that allow their social sharing functionality, including the “Tweet” function, and to generate usage information during your visit to our website.
For more information on how to opt-out, visit http://www.twitter.com/privacy
CHANGES TO OUR COOKIES POLICY
This Cookies Policy may be updated periodically, so please refer to this policy when you visit our site to stay informed.